Thursday, March 18, 2010

The deadlift

Make that the single leg dead lift.



Single leg exercises increase balance as well as coordination. The single leg dead lift is used to promote functional hip strength AND stability.

I use the single leg dead lift throughout the year AND in my Figure Competition Prep to get BIG TIME glute and hamstring recruitment. Incorporating this exercise into your routine is critical!

We all know how much I stress on form and proper alignment :) If you don't have these 2 things NO EXERCISE will suffice, but if you possess both THE BASICS WILL DO WONDERS!

If you don't believe me, take it from..

my man Gray Cook! He published this AWESOME ARTICLE entitled Deadlifting (Balanced Body Series) 3 years ago and its ALL about THE SINGLE LEG DEAD LIFT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stacey's Favorite Fitness Tools: