Thursday, September 9, 2010

Scapular tracking for shoulder health and symmetry

In the sport of Figure, symmetry is EVERYTHING! Being lean brings out imbalances EVEN MORE because there is no fat to cover em up come stage time!

When I first began posing practice for figure the winging in my right scapula was BLATANTLY OBVIOUS.  Posing coaches will tell me to lean to the side or contort myself into some crazy position that felt like SH*T, but hey its all about the symmetry they'd say... beauty takes pain ;)



I am lucky to work alongside one of the greatest corrective exercise guys in the biz :)  He lives, eats breathes this stuff. Alignment, activation and symmetry are his forte.




Here is an awesome exercise that forces your scapula to track properly!


5 comments:

  1. Great post.

    How far apart are those photos of you? Your back is looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work girl! What's the guys name if you don't mind me asking? I have some muscle imbalance/and one of my scapula wings a bit more than the other as well and would love to look up his name and see if I could research more. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its Aaron Brooks. Check out www.perfectpostures.com and www.myoforce.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. how does this happen? I am struggling terribly with this right now, none of my clothes lay right, i hate wearing bras.. please tell me it can be corrected!

    ReplyDelete

Stacey's Favorite Fitness Tools: