Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Squat Prep


I like squats because they work my entire body. However, sometimes when I do them, they just don't feel as good as I know they can.

Here are 4 exercises that I've sequenced (in a specific order) to make my squats feel better. They help me engage the right muscles, ultimately making me stronger and allowing me to get into the proper position!

(This can work for body weight squats, goblet squats, or barbell back squats.)

1. Release the glutes with this.


2. Release the calves and increase ankle mobility with this.
for those of you who love Tater and want to laugh watch THIS blooper video.


3. Increase thoracic mobility and warm-up the legs with these.


4. Tie it all together with your core and upper back with these!



HAPPY SQUATTING!
As always let me know if you have any questions :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stacey's Favorite Fitness Tools: