Friday, November 27, 2009

It's a small world after all

In the fitness world, it seems as if everyone knows or knows of everyone else. As trainers we all read Mike, Alwyn, Mark, Gray, Coach Dos; the list goes on and on. I also have enjoyed reading Nick Tumminello's work for quite some time.

Several months ago I caught a post about Nick's girlfriend and client Alli McKee. Turns out she was a former athlete who wanted a goal and she decided to embark on a Figure Competition. Sound familiar?

Throughout the next few months she posted videos of her training, to my surprise they were all fully functional! She wasn't isolating everyday and there were no steady state cardio workouts. Needless to say, I was intrigued. Alli ended up placing SECOND in just her SECOND show!!!!

I chose to contact Nick and see how we could work together on my first fitness competition :)

I have wanted to share an awesome article from Nick's blog about Alli and Figure Competitors, it assured me that I am doing a lot of things right :))))))


P.S.
you all know Emily.
You know the gorgeous baby momma that got her body back and more ;) WELL it turns out that SHE GREW UP WITH ALLI in Baltimore,
such a small world!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Stacy, Thank you for this post!! Very cool blog too--great info! I will check back often. Keep me posted throughout your first show, you will love the challenge and commitment of this journey. It's so exciting to see your physical changes and experience a new level of mental toughness throughout the training, diet and prep! Best of luck,

    Alli McKee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome - I can't wait to hear all about it and love that you're doing functional exercises! Thanks for sharing Alli's blog with us. I like how she interacts with peeps in her comments - lots of good information!

    I miss ya Lady... can't wait until I have two properly working feet so I can get back there. Good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Stacey's Favorite Fitness Tools: