Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Tasty Threesome

While I cannot always please everyone, I promise that you will love one of the next three EASY PEASY recipes! One for dinner, one for desert and one for those of you who may need to go a long time without food and aren't necessarily Intermittent Fasting!

I got a VITAMIX for Christmas and its pretty much become my BESTIE.  A few weeks ago I bought my first grill and I have been a grilling machine ever since :)
I prefer to eat fattier meats and fish at night so that I am satiated, I have found this to work best for me,  I am also the DISHWASHER so anything that is easy clean up is always a bonus. Oh and the fact that my apartment doesn't reek of fish...hahah I consider this a bonus too.

Courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis 



Salmon in foil

     
  • 4 (5 ounces each) salmon fillets
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 3 tomatoes, chopped, or 1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
  • 2 chopped shallots
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
  • Sprinkle salmon with 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir the tomatoes, shallots, 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium bowl to blend.
  • Place a salmon fillet, oiled side down, atop a sheet of foil. Wrap the ends of the foil to form a spiral shape. Spoon the tomato mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and tomato mixture, covering completely; seal the packets closed. Place the foil packet on the grill. Repeat until all of the salmon have been individually wrapped in foil and placed on the grill. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, about 25 minutes. Using a large metal spatula, transfer the foil packets to plates and serve.
  • Serves 4

Everyone loves ice cream in the summer right?!  Even those of us with dairy intolerances dig in only to suffer later.  I have a homemade ice cream shoppe right down the street from my house, if I am going to eat ice cream...I am going to indulge there!  Instead of running to 7-Eleven for the latest Frozen Greek Yogurt from Ben and Jerry's try making these instead :)


 Courtesy of Aubrey Thompson of livingbalancewellness.com 

I call these Restoration Pops :)
Peel 1 yellow apple, 
1 pear 
1 orange
1 lemon 
and blend
along with 1TBSP of coconut oil 

Pour smoothie into popsicle holders and freeze overnight :)



Last but not least comes a delicious smoothie that can be eaten for breakfast and hold you over a long ass time!!!!

Courtesy of Aubrey Thompson of livingbalancewellness.com

Fill your blender or VITAMIX with coconut milk to 1st line
1/2 avocado
big scoop of Greek Yogurt
1 whole egg
1 TBSP almond butter
Sprinkle of coconut flakes
Stevia ( I use vanilla coconut milk and hold any additional sweeteners)
a few sprinkles of cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne pepper
6 ice cubes

BLEND AND ENJOY ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stacey's Favorite Fitness Tools: