Here are two recipes you will surely enjoy, for some veggies you might not not eat as often as you would like!
Almond Meal (Flour)
- Wash okra and pat dry
- Cut into 1/4inch slices
- Coat in egg whites then coat with almond meal so it sticks
- Generously fill pan with sunflower seed oil. ( I made the mistake of not using enough my first batch) 1-1 1/2 inches deep.
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add okra to skillet and cook until browned.
- Drain onto paper towel and season with salt and serve :)
- First, preheat your oven to 450
- Wash radishes and beets, scrub away dirt.
- Remove leave and stems, peel the beets if you like.
- Chop into cubes around 1 inch.
- Toss veggies in a bowl with olive oil, sea salt pepper, lemon juice and a little garlic.
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and spread vegetables out evenly.
- Roast the veggies for 10 minutes then stir them.
- Repeat for another 10 minutes.
- If you like them slightly darker you can broil them for 3-5 minutes as well!
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and enjoy.