Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The incredible edible EGG

AT LAST!!!!















Three or more years ago I was diagnosed with a BUNCH of food allergies/intolerances.
I eliminated these food groups and felt instantly better.
I then decided to contest diet.
I did a meat and egg free contest prep :0

Little did I realize what a toll this would take on my body. Four shows later I worked with an amazing nutritionist who helped nurse me back to health :)

I am so FREAKIN EXCITED TO SAY that eggs (YOLK and WHITE) are no longer an issue for me!

This means MAJOR MENU EXPANSION and a HEALTHIER STACEY :)

I was pretty sure I would never have another pancake in my life!! 
Just goes to show... NEVER SAY NEVER.

The following recipe is from fellow yogi, bikini and figure competitor and health nut Jen Comas Keck!
Check her out here.

ALMOND FLOUR PANCAKES 
(low carb+oat free to boot!)

4 egg whites
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (Sun Warrior has 14g of protein, this will vary)
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1/2 cup almond flour (often referred to as almond meal at health food stores)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2-4 oz of cold water to make pancake batter consistency

Mix in a blender until smooth

Coat your pan with coconut oil and cook 3 pancakes.
These will brown a bit more than traditional pancake batter.

Makes 3 servings.

Per serving:
Protein: 18 grams
Carb: 6 grams
Fat: 10 grams 
(1.3g coming from saturated fat)
Calories: 186


Jen points out that there is no bad time for these protein packed pancakes.
Most of us folks like to have our last meal consist of protein and fat, so this is a welcome alternative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stacey's Favorite Fitness Tools: