Today it will be my first birthday that I will celebrate without ICE CREAM CAKE or CARROT CAKE. It will be my first Halloween without CANDY!
I will have created my first blog, as well as completed my first LEGITIMATE yoga certification.
I will have trained my first Momma alongside her baby boy. I will have chanted in front of a group of 50 people! I will have been enamored by the sport of Stand Up Paddle Boarding. I will have taken part in the filming of a Fitness DVD. I will have certified my first Kettlebell Trainer!
What you might not know is that I MAY COMPETE IN MY FIRST FIGURE COMPETITION!
MAY being the KEY word here. A few of my friends have been investigating the possibility and said "well all you can eat is CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI!"
My friend and client Martha sent me this:
I think it makes the future of CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI look pretty bright ;)
- 3/4 pound broccolini, stems trimmed1 1/2 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn and divided
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add broccolini; cook 3 minutes or until tender. Add 2 cups cooking water and couscous to bowl; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain broccolini; transfer to plate.
2. Place wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Cook pepper, onion, and garlic, stirring, 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl; cover.
4. Uncover couscous; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar and half of basil.
5. Top platter with peppers, chicken, broccolini, almonds, and remaining basil. Serve with couscous.
Another yummy meal could be Chilean Sea Bass and Grilled Veggies like this one we made outside side on the deck the other night!