Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Protein Powder

Lately I have been getting a lot of questions about supplementation, protein, vitamins and things of that nature. Revolutionary Technology Nutrition Bionic Edge Whey is the protein that I use. I also take Nordic Naturals Omega 3's. In addition I take JuicePlus (if you want to know more just ask). I make a HUGE effort to eat as many fruits and vegetables as I can and eat 90% whole foods on a daily basis.

P.S. I hate wasting food and my friends and family probably think I'm crazy because of the length's I'll go to use all the fresh food that I buy!

This Sunday I made another great smoothie. I froze 3 bananas earlier in the week (instead of using them for banana bread...bc that is where they were heading) I peeled and broke them into pieces as big as large ice cubes. When I opened the container on Sunday and tried to get them out a piece actually flew up and hit me right between the eyes OUCH ...so be careful ;)

I added the 3 bananas and used them as my ice
a generous squirt of lemon flax oil
some coconut milk
RNT Strawberry Protein Powder (Bionic Edge Whey)
http://www.revolutionarynutrition.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest sometimes bananas make me wanna puke because of their texture, but it smoothies they are the ultimate ingredient!

3 comments:

  1. You and Kevin always talk about RTN and until know I had no idea what the heck you were talking about. You don't like smoooshie squishy bananers??? :P

    You aren't crazy about using *all* your food until you start putting the pulp from your morning juicing into your smoothies... then yer crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are ordering I highly suggest Chocolate or Vanilla. its YUMMY and doesnt even bother my tummmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. RTN is awesome and really tasty. I've tried chocolate, strawberry, banana, cookies n cream, vanilla. All good. My favorite is experimenting and mixing different flavors, chocolate/strawberry, chocolate/banana, strawberry/banana. It's fun and you'd be surprised how good the combinations are!

    ReplyDelete

Stacey's Favorite Fitness Tools: