Just thought I would share the email I received today...I cannot explain how happy I am right now! :) GOOSEBUMP HAPPY!
Thank you so much for your application to the Body Awakening Teacher Training. This next year will truly be a tremendous celebration as we explore body, breath and spirit together. Todd, Joanne, Magi, Colette and I are delighted and eager to work with you all.
To get prepared please take some yoga classes to build your endurance. During the week emersion in August it will benefit you greatly to be ready to do daily yoga classes. Below is a check list of a few things we will be working on in August. It is not mandatory that you purchase the books; you may certainly borrow and share.
1. Please get in your applications and headshots if you have not already.
2. The books we are starting with are:
Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel
Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
The Language of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
3. Read the 5 tenets of enlightenment (http://www.andrewcohen.org/teachings/path.asp
) or listen to Who am I and How Shall I Live CD by Andrew Cohen
4. Visit the website www.anatomytrains.com and read about what an anatomy train is.
5. Visit the website www.thework.com and fill out a Judge Your Neighbor Worksheet
6. Buy a blank notebook (a yoga journal if you will) and write a brief paragraph about what you have been through that has given you experience and knowledge
you could share with others...it could be having baby, finding patience, kundalini energy, experience with depression, and addiction. It could be painting skills, anatomy knowledge, or travel experience. What gifts has life offered you that will inspire and
inform your teaching?
7. Begin to work with Back Bends, Ujjayi breathing, Uddiyana, Agni Sara, Nauli, gentle splits, handstands, and hip opener preparations for lotus. If any of these are daunting come see me and I will give you some tips to get started.
8. Do 5 minutes of meditation a day
For the next year you may feel free email or call me 617-***-****. I am totally here for you. Please call with questions regarding the training, your practice and your students or students to be. With all that said, thank you, thank you, thank you all for being a part of the training. You are in for one of the most amazing years of your life. Get ready to celebrate, unravel and explore!
Welcome to the beginning of the body awakening!