Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flexitarian

I have seen the questions and responses to my last post. Glad we got you all thinking…that is our intention :)

If you have never thought of going vegan…don’t force yourself to do it. Don’t think of these changes as deprivation… think of it as an opportunity to explore.

Have you ever sat down and thought why you eat what you do?

Is it habit? Family? convenience? Marketing?

Flexible vegetarian Flexitarianism is a style of eating that is rich is in whole grains, fruits, vegetables, beans and nuts. While minimizing meat, it doesn’t exclude it altogether. I guess that is what I am :) I eat what I chose and I eat what makes me feel good.

Going flexitarian can help you lose weight, add years to your life, as well as reduce the risk of certain diseases all while keeping more money in your pocket and being Earth Friendly…who doesn’t like that?

When you are grocery shopping what is the most expensive item on in your cart? Meat and poultry I presume. In fact the average price of an ounce of meat is 25 cents, while an ounce of beans is 8 cents….I can’t do math but you can ;)

Again don’t think of this as depriving yourself, instead of completely cutting out meat, focus on adding beans and vegetables to your current favorite recipes. Take Krista’s advice and whip up a frozen banana and make “ice cream”.

There are SO MANY AMAZING RECIPES OUT THERE…I am here to gather and share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stacey's Favorite Fitness Tools: