Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Food Allergies

For those of you don’t know me, this past year has been a huge learning experience when it comes to my body and food. After returning from Puerto Rico 12 months ago, I was constantly nauseous, tired, dehydrated and I couldn’t keep food down…I was MISERABLE. After seeing a dozen doctor’s I was diagnosed with IBS, Chrohn’s and an amoeba, but I was convinced they were wrong and that it was something I was eating.

To make a long story short I was right :) as usual.

What I thought to be a “healthy diet” was in fact making me sick. It turns out I was allergic to wheat, eggs, milk, soy, and corn not to mention hazelnuts and pistachios.

Most peoples reactions ranged from horror to pity; after all I could never have another bacon egg and cheese on a bagel, a slice of pizza, tacos, a hamburger, ice cream or nachos.

I took it as a positive and started cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stacey's Favorite Fitness Tools: